Header

Looking foolish does the spirit good. The need not to look foolish is one of youth's many burdens; as we get older we are exempted from more and more, and float upward in our heedlessness, singing Gratia Dei sum quod sum. - Johm Updike


Thanks be to God that I am what I am

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fantasy: A Psychological Need

What I was planning to do yesterday, before I got completely derailed by asshole callers, was talk about fantasy.      Other than being my favorite type of alternative fiction, fantasy is now my business.  The dictionary  has several definitions: imagination especially when extravagant and unrestrained, the forming of mental images, especially wondrous or strange fancies, imaginative conceptualizing, a mental image especially when unreal or fantastic, vision, a nightmare fantasy, daydream, or a hallucination.  My favorite definition is; an imagined or conjured up sequence fulfilling a psychological need.  Yep, that about sums up what I do except for the fact that phone sex is a shared fantasy.

A lot of callers ask me what I am into.  I try to avoid answering that question at first because most of them aren't really interested in my fantasies.  They are on a fishing expedition, trying to find a girl into the same kink they are. What they actually get is the first operator who correctly guesses the answer they are looking for or the operator they settle for when all their 'fishing' fails.  I often sit here, wishing the callers would wise up and just tell me what they fantasize about so I could take it from there.  Alas, most of the callers are flaming idiots.  They don't realize that just telling an operator about their fantasies will turn them on and most operators will be able to whip up a really hot fantasy based on what she is told, regardless of whether or not the operator is 'into' the act she describes.  The callers smart enough to tell their fantasies to the operator definitely get their moneys' worth; the call is longer, the imagery is far more intense and our enthusiasm is real.  Give us a chance to be creative, that's what really turns us on.

I also recycle fantasies.  If I have a really hot, long call with one caller and then my next call is a Silent Caller.  I start telling the fantasy over again to the Silent Caller.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The thing is being creative for 8 hours a night is really hard work.  I am often surprised how tired I am at the end of my shift.  Its not like I have been digging ditches all night long.

I want to write down one of the fantasies that I use on callers but, I'm just too damn tired tonight.  I start to write out a scenario and then I think about how long its going to take me and I chicken out.  The callers are getting weird and obnoxious, now.  It has been an OK night until this last hour.  I'm having a hard time not laughing at some of the goofy bullshit I'm hearing and the others are just boring and tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment